One of our go to meals is homemade pizza. It is cheap, easy and everyone loves to eat it. So, I was on a mission to find a great recipe for a whole wheat pizza dough and really like the consistency and flavor of this one. If you like a thicker crust this one is for you. My husband would like this recipe better without the honey, but the boys gobble it up!
- 1 small package of active dry yeast
- 1 cup HOT water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the small package of active dry yeast with the cup of hot water and set aside for about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix together flour, wheat germ and salt.
- Create a well and add the honey and yeast and mix well.
- Roll into a ball, cover and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Use cooking spray on a pizza pan and roll dough out over the pan evenly.
- Poke a few holes in the crust.
- Top the crust with your favorite pizza toppings (TIP: Use only about 1/2 cup of sauce or you will have soggy pizza).
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until the crust is crispy enough for your taste.