You guys! I am so excited about today’s post and giveaway! This will be my final post for Shout® in conjunction with their fun Reprogramming America Facebook app that encourages us all to live life out loud! You all know how much I love to craft and especially create crafts that I can do with the kids. Even better is when I have most of the items on-hand, so I’m super excited about this craft!
The reality is that you are probably going to get a little messy with this one, but as we are learning from the Shout® challenge, life can happen in messy ways! I encourage you to create and watch your own fun video that incorporates your photos and allows you to think about life’s messy parts over on the Shout® Facebook page today.
It is pretty cold here which means we spend most of our days cooped up inside the house. I have been telling Matthew that if it is not going to snow, I would just rather it just be spring. So, when I was dreaming up a fun craft activity for the kids for Valentine’s Day, I really wanted to help bring a little sunshine and color indoors. I stumbled across a fun crayon heart hanging idea from the Martha Stewart site and decided to make this into a fun sun catcher using up our leftover toilet paper rolls.
The boys really loved shaving off the crayon pieces into the wax paper. Of course, shaving the crayons is one of the messiest parts of the job! Just make sure to keep your Shout® Trigger Triple Action formula nearby to quickly spray on any stray crayon that may find its way to your sleeves. I keep mine under the washing machine so that I have easy access when the time comes (and the time comes at least once a day)! Just spray, let it sit for a bit and toss it in the wash. I have found that this is a great way to keep stains away effectively on my messy little boys.
DIY Crayon Heart Sun catcher Craft
- Wax paper
- Empty toilet paper roll
- A few old crayons
- Pencil sharpener (one that is open on the bottom)
- Heart cookie cutters or pattern to trace
- Hole punch
- Print out the provided heart picture and glue it onto your toilet paper roll.
- Punch 3 holes evenly around the top of the toilet paper roll and thread with string (this will be for hanging your sun catcher).
- Fold your wax paper in half and open back up.
- Sharpen your crayons evenly over one half of the wax paper. You can spread the crayon shavings around with your hands in order to make it more even.
- Fold the wax paper over the shavings and fold all three sides over so that no shavings can escape.
- Place a piece of thin cloth or a piece of paper over the wax paper and press a warm iron down over the entire length of the wax paper in order to melt the crayons.
- Once the crayons are completely melted trace the hearts and cut them out.
- Punch holes at the top of the hearts and thread the string through.
- Punch holes around bottom of the toilet paper roll and hang the hearts completely around.
- Hang in a sunny window and enjoy your bright hearts of color!
I hope you guys enjoy this and have fun making messy memories with your kids this Valentine’s Day!
Now, in order to get crafty with your kids, Shout® would like to provide one Go Graham Go reader with a Crafty Shout® Prize Pack valued at $150 which includes:
- $100 gift card to craft store
- Candy Hearts
- Craft supplies to create personal Valentine cards
- Shout® Trigger Triple Acting Formula
- Shout® Wipes
1. To enter, go to the Shout® Reprogramming America Facebook app and click on the Get Reprogrammed button to create your own custom “Reprogramming America for Fun” video. Then leave a comment on this blog post answering the question, “What changes will you make to seize the moment (even if it means getting messy) and live life out loud?”
This Giveaway ends February 11, 2013.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT POST OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR, PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.