Books, plants and crafts! All three of these are things I love. That is why I am happy to be partnering with Disney Hyperion who sent us the copy of The Itchy Book and who is sponsoring this giveaway today!
Davis has really become quite the reader so when he sees any new Elephant and Piggie Like Reading! series books he is quick to pick them up and read them right away. The latest in the series is The Itchy Book by LeUyen Pham and it came at a very ironic time. Graham developed some sort of rash (not fun at all) that had him VERY itchy! While we can joke about it a little now, because it seems to be clearing up, at the time there were a lot of eye rolls when I would talk about The Itchy Book. Poor fella!
This new book is just as fun as the others in the series as it takes you back to the land of dinosaurs! Most kids are already fascinated by the dinosaur topic and this one is so silly! The dinosaurs stumble across a rock that lets them know that Dinosaurs Do Not Scratch. They all try to follow this important rule with a funny twist at the end. I have to admit that even I was laughing.
As always in the Elephant and Piggie Love Reading! series, these books have simple sentences and words so that beginning readers can feel confident. The illustrations are simple yet bold and match up with the words. All of this helps to foster a beginning readers confidence and fascination with reading. I will always be a fan of what these books have done for my own boys through the years.
In order to celebrate this fun new book, I thought it would be appropriate to share a simple DIY Dino Planter that you and your child could create together after reading The Itchy Book.
DIY DINO PLANTER
What You Will Need:
- plastic, hollow dinosaur toy (larger size)
- scissors or knife (let the adult use these)
- outdoor spray paint in a fun color
- potting soil
- a small plant like a succulent
- Using your scissors or a knife, cut a hole in the top of the dinosaur in order to create the planter portion. Make a few small drain holes in the bottom.
- Spray paint the entire dinosaur and let it dry.
- Have fun filling it up with soil and a small plant!
Now one lucky Go Grow Go reader will win:
- The Itchy Book;
- 2 more Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! titles: We Are Growing! and The Cookie Fiasco;
- The final Elephant & Piggie title: The Thank You Book;
- branded back scratcher
- PLUS custom THANK-O-RAMA “Thank You” notes!