I do not claim to be a master griller. I don’t even claim to grill, because the harsh reality is that I don’t. Grilling has long since been the job of my husband and it is one I gladly give over to him. However, I do like to have control of my recipes and when I need something grilled sometimes it is nice to have that option. Not to mention, it is getting COLD over here and grilling outdoors will soon be no fun for anyone!
Enter the OptiGrill by T-fal. This little guy is fantastic! It literally takes all of the guess work out of grilling which works great for me. You really can’t get much simpler than pictures and colors! Not to mention, cleaning up is as easy as sticking the trays in the dishwasher. Yay!
Here’s what we love:
- Cooks on both sides at the same time (evenly)
- In a hurry? Start cooking your food from frozen
- Automatically senses thickness
- Fat drips into the provided tray thanks to the shape
- Colored alert tells you when the grill is ready as well as how “done” the meat is
- 6 automatic cooking programs
- Technology! Uses thermostatic sensors to tell you if your food is done
So far we have cooked everything from steaks to pork loins to sausage on the OptiGrill and all of the meat has come out perfectly cooked according to the color coded gage. Each time the meat reaches a new level of “doneness” an alarm will sound as well. I have found that the alert makes multi-tasking cooking easy and convenient. I can walk away from the grill and know that it is not burning because I am not checking it.
Overall, if you are looking for a compact indoor grill that allows you to do what you would on your outdoor grill, the OptiGrill is a wonderful choice. You can purchase the T-fal OptiGrill for about $200. Now, let’s get grilling while staying warm!