Thanksgiving is almost here and we are excited to see family we haven’t seen in quite sometime. We generally spend Thanksgiving here, which we love, but it is long overdue for us to visit Matthew’s side of the family which live in Georgia. Whenever Thanksgiving is here we generally host everyone. Every year I try to throw in some type of new dish that I think will go over well with all generations. We have ages ranging from 92-4! So, as a part of my Ragú® New TraDish mission, I decided it would be fun to incorporate something with turkey!
You may remember last month’s recipe where I combined the Ragú® recipe of Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan and the Chunky Gardenstyle Pizza in order to create Chicken Parmesan Gardenstyle Pizza. Well, this month I combined the Mama’s Best Ever Spaghetti and Meatballs with the Italian Cheesesteak Sandwiches in order to come up with my Turkey Meatball Casserole! I love the idea of all of the cheese and the bread combined with those glorious meatballs. Besides, my three men LOVE meatballs and it is an easy recipe to separate out if you have someone with dairy allergies. Davis doesn’t do well with cheese so he eats the meatballs only. This also makes a great week night meal because there are only a few ingredients needed and you likely have them all in your cabinet! Now, that’s my kind of recipe. The family really enjoys the authentic Italian taste of Ragú® sauce and we all really enjoyed this new flavor! I can tell you that we made this over the weekend and the boys gobbled it up. Matthew told me that we MUST add this to our weekly meal rotation. Win!
So, here’s all you will need to in order to have a new dish this Thanksgiving that won’t take you hours slaving away. We are all about keeping it simple over here!
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 jar Ragú® Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 5 pieces of white bread (french bread)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, and 1/2 cup of Ragú® sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make balls and place on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, spray the inside of an oblong baking dish with cooking spray and line with bread. Break apart pieces in order to cover the bottom.
- Cover the bread with about 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place cooked meatballs on top of the bread and cheese and cover with the rest of the Ragú® sauce and top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Become a Ragú® Sauce Master
If you’d like to get involved with Ragú® Sauce Masters you will have inside access to the brand as well as other awesome rewards! Make sure to check out Ragú® on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for new recipe ideas and tips to make your own Ragú NewTraDishes.
So, what are your Thanksgiving meal ideas that make life a little more simple?