I have a little routine when it comes to my coffee in the morning. It really became quite the ritual over the summer, but now that school is back in, my quiet time happens on the weekends. It goes a little something like this: grab my favorite BIG coffee mug, brew up a cup of my favorite coffee, pour 5 seconds worth of creamer (International Delight is my favorite) and head to the front porch to sit in my favorite rocking chair. From there I can listen to the birds, watch the clouds and catch glimpses of my favorite mountains.
Now, for those of you who know me really well, you know that I love savory things in the mornings. I’m not a huge “sweet” eater. I’m more of an eggs and bacon girl. However, we do have this awesome little local doughnut shop that serves up the best doughnuts I have ever sank my teeth into. For this doughnut, I will do “sweet” in the morning. Now, we do not visit this place very often, but the craving is very real. So, I decided I would create a few of my own doughnuts the other day out of desperation. I will say, they turned out great and were extremely simple. I used my favorite creamer to give me a little help as well. I mean, why not? If it’s good enough for my beloved coffee, then why not my homemade doughnut? So, without further ado, I give you my Simple Sweet Cream Glazed Doughnut Recipe!
SIMPLE SWEET CREAM GLAZED DOUGHNUT RECIPE
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits (non-layers if you can)
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup International Delight Sweet Cream Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Open up the can of biscuits and separate them. Using something to make a small circle, remove a hole from the middle of each biscuit.
- Using a frying pan, pour about a half inch of vegetable oil and heat it to a medium heat.
- Place the biscuit dough in the oil for about 15-30 seconds on each side. Remove the doughnut and place on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Repeat this process for all of the biscuits.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, creamer and vanilla.
- Using a fork or spoon, drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts.
- Eat right away for a warm and delicious treat!
See, I told ya it was easy! Let me know what you think of these. Our family sure enjoys them. One quick tip is to use a good set of tongs in order to avoid oil splashing all over your pretty little arms. I also make the kids stand outside of the kitchen because I am safety crazy like that.
So, what are your delightful moments? You can share a special moment drawn in the foam of a virtual coffee for your best gal pal! Looking for more recipes and inspiration? Make sure to check out International Delight on: Newsletter, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.