Boy am I glad I had one that shares my love of arts and crafts! Davis is always game for a good art project or getting out the hot glue. So, when we heard that Mo Willems had come out with his very own arts/crafts/activity book that stars Elephant and Piggie, we were in! Not to mention, a new character is introduced- Art Vaark. We have already been laughing at the jokes amongst the characters and coloring along with them.
So, in order to celebrate the new Elephant and Piggie book, We Are in an ART-ivity Book, we wanted to share with you our very own, very simple, pig nose and elephant trunk. These are so easy and fun and involve items you likely already have on hand.
- 3 toilet paper tubes
- 1 bottom cup of a cardboard egg carton
- gray/black paint
- pink paint
- sharpie or black marker if desired (I used the black paint)
- paint brush
Instructions for Pig Nose:
- Paint your bottom cup of an egg carton pink and let dry.
- Using either a sharpie marker or black paint, draw two nose holes
- Punch two holes on either side and attach string.
- Tie above ears and have a snortin good time!
Instructions for Elephant Trunk:
- Paint all three rolls with the gray paint and let them dry.
- Attach tape vertically on the inside of the rolls letting them droop over. One of the segments make sure to overlap a little in order to make it stand out.
- Punch holes in the top segment on either side and attach string.
- Tie above the ears and let your little elephant come to life!
Now that you’ve made yourself you’re very own Elephant and Piggie noses, you are all set to get crafty and creative with them in the book! We Are in an ART-ivity Book is on sale now for only $10 and some change. What a great gift idea for birthdays and Christmas which is only 2 months away!