With spring just right around the corner I am already looking ahead at the warm days to come. One of my absolute favorite holidays is Easter because of what that time of year means and also because it feels like a fresh start and renewal. There are several fun things I like to do to spruce up the house and there are equally as many things that I like to cook and bake.
Many people have the tradition of making hot cross buns during this season. Well, I would like to present to you a delicious and simple new take on the idea that I like to call Simple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes. All you really need to do is grab a can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls (I found mine at Walmart), some non-stick cooking spray, a can lid, and a muffin tin. If you have been reading over here for any length of time, then you know I love a good recipe hack. Pillsbury is a brand I have trusted since I was a little girl and I can always rely on the product to bring great value and simplicity to my already crazy life. For this particular hack you definitely need quality cinnamon rolls like Pillsbury.
SIMPLE CINNAMON ROLL CUPCAKES
- 1 package Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- non-stick cooking spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Open your can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls and lay them flat without separating.
- Using a rolling pen, roll all of the edges together until smooth.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a lid to a jar (my personal favorite) cut out about 16 circles. You will need to gather the dough and flatten again to achieve 16 even circles.
- Spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one circle in each of the eight slots.
- Using half of the icing, evenly distribute and place a dollop in the middle of each dough circle.
- Place the remaining dough circles over the tops and use your finger the push the sides down all around the edges to close.
- Bake the cupcakes for 12-15 minutes.
- Let them cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and then remove.
- Drizzle remaining icing over top using a fork.
- Serve immediately (because who doesn’t love a warm cinnamon roll).
So, just like “that” you can have a warm and delicious Easter morning surprise for the entire family. You didn’t break out in a sweat rolling the dough, and it’s not so messy that the kids have the fake Easter basket grass all stuck to their hands (not speaking from experience or anything).