It is November which means it is the month we get our Christmas Tree! We truly love Thanksgiving and will definitely not be skipping that wonderful holiday, but it is also the same day we go out and pick our perfect tree from the farm. The boys enjoy walking up and down the rows of trees and playing hide and seek until the perfect one is spotted. Once we get home, more fun begins!
Matthew has the hardest part of all which is getting the tree in and setting it up. But, once that dreaded task is done, we start rolling out the memories that are called tree decorations. Our tradition is to light the fire, make a pot of coffee and have some sort of special chocolate treat. Of course, I really enjoy the specialty coffee creamers like the Peppermint Chocolate Truffle to get me even more into the spirit. Getting the ornaments out is like taking a trip down memory lane with each and every one. There is the Precious Moments ornament given to us by strangers on our honeymoon and the special memories of the boys’ births and other important “firsts”.
One quick and simple chocolate treat that we like to savor with coffee are our Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel Bites. They are rich, a little gooey and hit the spot! You could easily make these with milk chocolate if you are not a fan of dark.
Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel Bites
- Dark chocolate chip morsels (1 bag)
- Caramel cubes for melting (1 bag)
- Kosher salt for topping
- Using a microwave safe bowl, place the dark chocolate chips into the microwave for 30 seconds. Take them out and stir and repeat until they are smooth.
- Add about half the bag of caramels to a microwave safe bowl. IMPORTANT: add 2 teaspoons of water to the bowl. Microwave for 10 second intervals stirring in between until melted. IMPORTANT: caramels can burn quickly so make sure to keep an eye on them and do not over cook.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate out into paper muffin cups evenly. I use enough to cover the bottom of the paper cup.
- Pour the caramel over the chocolate. This will be the center.
- Use the remaining chocolate and pour over the caramel.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes in order to thicken.
- Eat and enjoy!
Get an Instant Coupon for International Delight
Make sure to grab your instant coupon before you do any tree trimming this year! You can also sign up to be a part of the member giveaways.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.