This month’s sponsored KRAFT post is all about Thanksgiving Favorites. I’ve often said that once fall rolls around I really just want to quit my job and craft and bake all day. There’s just something about the weather, sites and smells that make me feel like home. I think that is why I truly love using pumpkin in just about every recipe during the fall.
This recipe combines my love for pumpkin as well as brownies for a fun Thanksgiving treat. Because my husband isn’t a huge fan of pumpkin pie, I thought this would be a great alternative. I’m excited about serving these for our family Thanksgiving dessert. We have so many Thanksgiving recipes that are our favorites and it is nice to add a new one that is sure to become one added to the line-up.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 12 large brownies
- 1 29 oz. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 80z KRAFT PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low and add in sugar. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes. It will be thick.
- Add melted butter/sugar combination to a mixing bowl and mix in the cocoa powder, salt, eggs, baking powder and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chips. The mixture will be thick.
- Soften the KRAFT PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese in the microwave and mix in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the cream cheese in with the can of pumpkin.
- Grease the bottom of a baking pan.
- Add half of the pumpkin mixture to the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the brownie mix over the pumpkin.
- Top with the final layer of pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for about an hour before serving.
Now all that’s left to do is enjoy this warm, delicious treat! Make sure to brew a cup of coffee and share all of those family stories everyone has heard one to many times. No matter what the recipe is, just being together at Thanksgiving is my all time favorite!
This post was part of a sponsored campaign with KRAFT.