Simplicity is something I seek in just about everything I do. I know you guys get it too. We are busy and while cooking can be fun, the reality is that there is just not enough time in the day sometimes. So, when I was approached with the idea to review the Ninja Cooking System I was thrilled when I saw what all this one device could do.
At first glance, the Ninja Cooking System looks like another slow cooker. The reality is that this unique device does the work of three kitchen appliances in one. You can slow cook, bake or use it like a stove top. I realized just how special it was once I got it in my hands. I have used the Ninja Cooking System for about 2 weeks now and I honestly have nothing negative to report. I guess the one thing to be aware of is that most of the items need to be hand washed. But really, it is a breeze to clean due to the non-stick nature of it all.
So, what all does this amazing machine do?
- Slow Cooking. You can use this like a regular slow cooker with low, medium and high options and a digital timer.
- Stove Top. Use the Ninja like a regular stove top with a low, medium or high setting. Great option for searing meats before slow cooking them.
- Oven. Use the Ninja to bake.. yes, BAKE! The baked goods turn out moist and yummy. Use the knob for adjustable heat.
- Steam Oven. Steaming items like Salmon is super easy and keeps food moist with less fat. Use the included rack so that fat drips away.
- One Pot Meals. Because of all of the options you can literally create all you need in one pot! This is probably my favorite feature of the Ninja Cooking System. What a time saver on so many levels.
- Triple Fusion Heat. You have the benefit of direct heat from the bottom, contact heat from the sides as well as the heat from the steam. Because the heat does such a great job, meals are generally done quicker than using conventional methods.
The Ninja Cooking System also comes with the roasting rack as well as a cooking pan. Use the timer to adjust your cooking time as well as keep meals warm once they are finished. I appreciate that there are so many options and ways to make this unit customizable for your needs. You will never find this kind of flexibility in a traditional slow cooker.
Overall, this has been such a great appliance to have. It has simplified my cooking and created less clean up time. The price tag may seem high, but when you put into perspective all that you can do, it really is a bargain. What a great item to add to your Christmas wish list or consider for the foodie in your life.
See the Ninja Cooking System in Action
We love to eat Salmon in this house! Not only is it good for you, but it is a fishy flavor that the boys do not mind. Graham actually requests it about once a month. I like to find new ways to make this dish and the Ninja Cooking System came with this delicious recipe idea.
First you will need to stir together 1/4 cup of apricot preserves and 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
Next, season the salmon with salt and pepper and pour 2 cups of water into the pot.
Place the salmon on the steam rack and spread the apricot mixture over the top. Cover and set OVEN to 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Check every 10-15 minutes.
Now one VERY lucky Go Graham Go reader will win a Ninja Cooking System! Here’s How:
a Rafflecopter giveaway