Here’s a fun winter craft to make with your kids. It is simple enough that 2 year olds can participate. Also, you probably already have a lot of the supplies on hand (left over marsh mellows from Thanksgiving sweet potato casseroles…yum)! Make a Marsh Mellow Snowman.
Supplies for one Snowman:
3 Large Marsh Mellows
3 Skinny Pretzel Sticks
1 Fruit Roll-up
1 HERSHEY’S Kiss
1 Candy Corn
Black Gel Icing
Frosting (only a little…you could even use peanut butter if you didn’t want to buy frosting)
- Use 1 pretzel to secure all three marsh mellows together by sticking it through the middle of each.
- Use a knife to create a space on the top marsh mellow for the candy corn nose. I use a sharp knife and make a slit to insert the candy corn.
- Coat the bottom of the HERSHEY’S Kiss with frosting and attach it to the top of the snowman to form his hat.
- Insert two pretzels on the middle marsh mellow for arms
- Cut the fruit roll-up in half and then length wise to make the scarf. Make 3 or 4 slits on each end to give the scarf fringes.
- Wrap the fruit roll-up scarf around the “neck”
- Use the black gel icing to draw eyes, a smile, and buttons! (Make sure to do this step last because the icing will smear).