The blustery weather is moving in which means that we are NOT moving outside! As sad as that is, it means it is time for momma to pull out the bag ‘o tricks for indoor play with toddlers. I have a huge crafting container that I keep stored away for occasions like these. I also rely upon a few key toys that involve movement. Lucky for us, Davis’s middle name is “Move It”! Ok, not really… but it should be. So, the Magic Moves Electronic Wand we were sent for review has been a perfect fit for us.
If you are looking for a fun and creative gift idea for Ages 3 and up, this is a great idea for under $20! I love all of the offerings at Educational Insights so I knew this would be a great addition to their line up. The Magic Moves Electronic Wand combines changing colors and sounds in order to keep your child moving and grooving along with the prompts.
Here’s what we love about it:
- Over ninety command prompts so that your child is not bored or anticipates the prompt (Stomp like an elephant, jump like a…, sway…)
- Incorporated music for the dance lovers in your family!
- Light show to stimulate fun and learning or colors
- Great for working on gross motor skills and keeping kids active
- Could easily be used among 2 children (cutting down on fighting)
- Promotes good listening skills (amen to that)!
Things to be aware of:
- You will need 3 AAA batteries and they are included! Just make sure to have some back ups.
- Suggested age is 3+, but my 2 year old thinks this is a riot!
Overall, if you are looking for a gift idea that is educational but keeps your kids moving, Magic Moves Electronic Want would be a great one to add to the Christmas list! $19.99.
Now one lucky Go Graham Go reader will win a Magic Moves Electronic Wand! Here’s How: