If you have children who are a several years apart in age then you know that a traditional double stroller is not going to work for you. It would just look silly to have Graham (age 5) in a traditional stroller beside his 19 month old brother. Generally, this is not an issue. Graham is old enough to walk around when we are out and about, but the issue comes up when you are talking about visiting parks or museums. So, what do you do? Joovy has the perfect solution!
We were sent the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stand-on Tandem Stroller for review a few weeks ago and I am so glad we had it for our latest trips to Sea World and Animal Kingdom. It is also going to come in handy for our time spent at Dollywood and the Biltmore House (season pass holders of both).
Here’s what we love about it:
- Only 21 pounds-This is one of the of the lightest tandem strollers on the market
- Generous Canopy-Large enough to cover both kids and prevent sunburn when momma forgets!
- Sliding Padded Seat-Just slide the seat forward in order to stash your stuff.
- Ample storage-Love the size of the storage compartment. Big enough to fit items for 2 kids and even storage along the sides of the basket.
- Recline and Foot Rest-The stroller seat reclines nicely for naps (3 position) and does not interfere a great deal with the older child sitting. Foot rest can also be lifted up for a more comfortable nap.
- Handle Bar Storage-Great place for cups, park maps and more. One zippered pouch, two cup holders and two other compartments.
- Sit or Stand-There are two handle bars so that the older child can stand instead of sit. Great idea for quick stops!
- Narrow Design- The narrow design allows us to fit where many other strollers cannot. Also a great idea for crowded parks and narrow shop aisles.
- Seat belts-5 point harness for stroller seat and 3 point for older child.
- Easy to fold-Simply press down on the two red tabs along the sides and push forward. There is a tab in order to secure the stroller for easier transport. To open, simply open the tab and flick it open!
Things to be aware of:
- It would be wonderful if the seat would lift up in order to access stored items.
- Stroller is quite long when stored, but folds flat (I have a Subaru Outback and it is the exact length of my back storage).
- There is not an adjustable handle, but there is plenty of padding!