If you have kids in your house then you probably have peanut butter lovers. My youngest has followed in his Poppy’s (grandfather) footsteps and is also a peanut butter cracker lover. His favorite little snack is to grab a pack of the Lance Toasty or Nekot Crackers. I personally love the flavor of the ToastChee (always have). If you have ever tried them then you know what I am saying when I tell you that the flavor is the best! Well, now they have made their homemade peanut butter even better. Fun Fact: Lance makes 18 million pounds of homemade peanut butter each year!
So, in honor of Lance revamping their peanut butter, I decided to make my own and share the recipe with you. Yes, I made my own peanut butter. I learned a few things along the way. The first thing I learned is that if you want delicious peanut butter crackers it makes more sense just to purchase them already made for you (thank you Lance). I also learned that if you really want to make your own peanut butter you NEED to purchase peanuts that are already shelled for you! Lucky for me both boys sort of enjoy shelling peanuts so we made a game out of it.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
- about 2 cups of shelled, roasted, unsalted peanuts
- about 2-3 teaspoons peanut oil
- honey for taste
- Add your peanuts to the food processor and flip the switch to high.
- Let the peanuts process for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add oil so that the peanut butter reaches a consistency you like.
- Add honey for taste (keep in mind that this will thicken the peanut butter and make it more clumpy).
- Store in an air tight container on the shelf.
As you can see, there’s really not a whole lot of work that goes into it (unless you are shelling). I will say that after a taste test the boys liked it but preferred the peanut butter that was already on their crackers thanks to Lance!
NOW IN HONOR OF LANCE’S BEST PEANUT BUTTER, ONE LUCKY GO GROW GO READER WILL WIN A $50 GIFT CARD AND LANCE PRIZE PACK! HERE’S HOW: