Did you just laugh at that post title, because I just have to be honest and tell you it makes me chuckle a little. Oh, my dear sweet Graham. That precious child just does not want to drink water. He would prefer to drink watered down apple juice or sweet tea on most occasions. The latter only happens about once a week (if that). So we really have to make sure to do a good job of encouraging water. What helps is that his school only allows water in the classroom which guarantees that he will be drinking water at least once a day every day.
The amount of water my kids are taking in every day is extremely important to me for many reasons. I don’t want them addicted to sugary drinks and I know how important water is to those growing bodies (Oh, and the Dentist is expensive). When Graham was old enough to have something other than breast milk I started giving him water and extremely watered down apple juice. To this day (age 5) he does not drink straight apple juice unless we are at a restaurant. Lucky for us, Graham despises the taste of sodas. I have decided that it is because we rarely have soft drinks in our home.
So, how do we get our kids to consume more water? Here are our 3 tips:
- Make it fun! Let your kids pick out their own water bottle so that they have ownership and like what they are using. We love the new Brita Bottle for Kids because it has a built in filter and comes in fun designs.
- Encourage them. If you aren’t reminding them then it will be hard to create a habit. Use this fun and free Family Daily Planner in order to keep track of the water intake. Hey, you could even make a game out of it!
- Be an Example. This is probably the most important tip I could give. If your kids see you drinking a lot of water then chances are that they are going to catch on and join in. Besides, you really need to practice what you preach! Not to mention… nice skin and more energy which all moms would love to have more of.
Join Us for a #Brita4Kids Twitter Party TOMORROW at 9pm EST
We are all looking for ways to keep our families healthy. That is why I would love for you to join myself and a few others for a #Brita4Kids Twitter Party TOMORROW! Here are the details:
When: Wednesday, October 24 at 6:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM EST
Where: On Twitter, hashtag #Brita4Kids
Use this link to a handy grid to keep track of the party! Trust me, it makes Twitter Parties so much easier.
3 lucky participants who sign up below AND participate during the Twitter Party will receive a gift prize pack from Brita. Each is valued at $150 and includes:
- Brita Bottle for Kids
- Brita Bottle
- Colorful Grand Pitcher
- Complete Faucet Filtration System
- 6-Pack Replacement Pitcher Filters
- 2-Pack Replacement Faucet Filters
I can’t wait to see you there! I’m excited to see what your best tips and tricks are for fall healthy habits (especially with Halloween upon us).
The Brita Bottle for kids is a 13 oz. squeezable and reusable bottle with a built-in filter that provides an affordable, fun and convenient solution for kids to drink great-tasting water on the go.
Available in three bright colors and a kid-friendly size, the Brita Bottle for Kids is BPA free and dishwasher safe. The Brita Bottle for Kids makes drinking water fun for kids and is a convenient way to parents to keep their kids hydrated while on the go.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Brita. The opinions and text are all mine.