Any time you are looking to have fun with food you just put it on a stick, right? Well, it seems to work for my kids and even my colleagues. Not to mention, Valentine’s Day is such a great time to get creative and fun in the kitchen. Here is a simple and sweet recipe that the kids love to help with as well as gobble up!
If you are looking for a sweet treat for your Valentine just sprinkle with sugar heart sprinkles and wrap with plastic wrap and a festive ribbon. These would be perfect for teacher gifts as well as best friends and sweethearts.
Chocolate Covered S’mores on a Stick
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: Approximately 12
- 12 KRAFT JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 24 graham crackers
- 12 pieces of chocolate
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Find a large flat dish and line it with graham crackers.
- Place a piece of chocolate on top of each.
- Place 1 JET-PUFFED marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Immediately place your lollipop stick into the marshmallow in the middle and press another graham cracker on top. Repeat this process for all of the S’mores.
- Place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until you can pick up the stick without the graham crackers sliding off.
- In a microwave melt down the chocolate chips to a smooth consistency in a deep bowl using 30 second intervals and stirring in between.
- Begin dipping the s’mores into the chocolate and cover completely. You may need to use a spoon or knife in order to cover it well.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles all over the S’mores.
- Place them on a sheet of wax paper until the chocolate has dried. It will likely take an hour or two before they are dried completely. If you are hoping to speed up the process you can place them in the refrigerator.