There is one decor idea that I have been in love with lately. It is the gold embellishments, especially the sea urchin or starburst decor. So, I decided I would make my own DIY Simple Gold Sea Urchin Starbust! Seriously, this is so easy and you likely have all of the items you need already on hand.
- 1 egg carton (cardboard is best)
- handful of toothpicks
- metallic gold acrylic paint
- Cut one “egg” portion of the egg carton out and make the bottom as flat and even as you can.
- Paint the carton gold.
- Start adding toothpicks making a starburst formation by sticking the toothpicks up through the bottom of the carton. You can add as little or as many as you would like. In my opinion, the more the better!
- Start painting the toothpicks.
- Let this dry for a few minutes and then add to your favorite bookshelf!
This is a quick and fun way to spruce up your decor. It also saves a ton of money considering these little fellas in the metal form start at about $40!
Are you into the gold decor lately?