Looking for an easy Potato Soup in the crock pot recipe (sorry, I am all about the crock pot lately)? I printed this recipe off and my husband actually whipped it up for us. It was DELICIOUS! I love it when you can just dump a bunch of ingredients in the pot and have a wonderful, filling meal!
* 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
* 2 cups water
* 5 large potatoes, diced
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 cups half-and-half cream
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1. Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease.
2. Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is linked at LifeAsMom.com