None of us are strangers to busyness. It seems like the older the kids get the busier life is. I welcome all of the new seasons, but I am constantly trying to find ways to make life a little more simple. One of the ways we like to simplify is with our food. The reality is that kids enjoy simple foods and I enjoy not getting stuck in a recipe rut. So, when I was presented with the idea of creating a few Ragú® New TraDishes by mixing and matching a few classic Ragú® recipes into a simple and fun new one, I was thrilled to get creative.
With game days upon us and the weather getting increasingly cooler, I wanted to create something that would be a fun finger food that would also be hearty and warm the belly. The boys really enjoy just about any type of pizza. It is also a great way for me to sneak in a few veggies. So, creating this delicious new spin on pizza was a hit! I combined the Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe and the Chunky Gardenstyle Pizza recipe. We included black olives on ours just because the boys enjoy them. You could easily incorporate shredded carrots or any other favorite veggie in order to keep the pizza a little better for you and your growing kids.
I decided to incorporate the Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion Ragú Sauce into this recipe in order to include a few more veggies. The family loves the flavor and I appreciate the Authentic Italian taste! I’ve used this sauce in many family favorite recipes in order to simplify cooking over the years.
Chicken Parmesan Gardenstyle Pizza
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 10 inch pre-baked pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Ragú® Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat.
- Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Spread the Ragú® sauce over the pizza crust.
- Chop the chicken into bit sized pieces and spread evenly over the pizza. Reserve any leftover pieces for tomorrow’s lunch!
- Add the olives or any other topping to the pizza.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees or until the cheese is melted.
Become a Ragú® Sauce Master
If you’d like to get involved with Ragú® Sauce Masters you will have inside access to the brand as well as other awesome rewards! Make sure to check out Ragú® on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for new recipe ideas and tips.