If you are looking for a fun and easy meal for your kids to help celebrate Easter I think I may have found a winner. Bonus–you can sneak in veggies! I found a recipe over at Cheeky Kitchen that I tweaked using what we had on hand in order to create this one.
1 (16 oz.) package of favorite mixed vegetables, thawed
1 lb. ground chicken
1 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 – 2 c. panko bread crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Put the veggies and egg into a food processor and blend well. It will be a little bit chunky.
- Add the ground chicken and onion powder to the veggie mixture and mix together well.
- Spread the bread crumbs evenly on a plate and add salt and pepper to the top.
- Roll about a tablespoon sized amount of chicken mixture into a ball and roll this ball in the bread crumbs until well covered.
- Form the nugget into a rectangle. Push down with your finger on the center top in order to create ears. You may need to pull up on the ears to elongate.
- Once you have the nugget shaped into the perfect bunny place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the Bunny Nuggets for about 16-18 minutes. Depending upon how thick you make them you might need to add 2 minutes to this. Ours took about 18 minutes total.