When the boys were just tiny guys, I used a cradle in our bedroom. They stayed in the cradle until about 3 months of age for convenience sake. There were not many options that I was truly impressed with back then, but today I am so excited to share with you all the new BabyBjorn Cradle! If you are expecting or have a baby at home this is definitely worth checking out. In true BabyBjorn form, they have taken everything a parent would possibly want into consideration. I love that their products make great common sense and are generally easy to move or travel with. The Cradle is no exception!
Here’s what we love:
- Easy out of box set up. This literally took me about 5 minutes to put together – possibly less! Just flip out the legs and insert a screw and you are done!
- Light enough to tote. You know that when you have a newborn you need portability. You want to be able to get your work done, but keep an eye on them as they sleep. At only 13 pounds you can easily pick this up and place it anywhere in the house without it being a hassle.
- See Your Baby. The mesh fabric is not only safer for baby (breath-ability), but it allows for mom and dad to see him without peeking in over the top. You could be doing dishes in the kitchen and look across into the living room to see your baby. There are also no metal bars to worry about your baby bumping into or getting stuck in.
- Rocks with Baby. The spring-like feet allow this cradle to rock gently as your baby moves. You can also rock it easily with your hand or foot.
- Level with Your Bed. Like I said, they thought of everything! Those sleepless nights mean you are likely fumbling around in the dark. Having your baby right next to your bed where you can simply reach over and pick him up makes life so much easier. The Cradle was exactly level with our bed.
- Machine Washable. If you have a newborn you know that they are precious, but also messy! It is nice to be able to wash things like this that are generally not machine washable. The mattress and the cover are also machine washable.
- Sleek Look. If you are moving this item about your house you may not want it to be all giraffe’s and zebras if you know what I mean! I love the modern design and sleek look. You can even purchase a Canopy separately that makes this look super sweet!
Overall, the BabyBjorn Cradle is definitely at the top of my baby registry guide list! Add this to the already versatile Travel Crib Light 2 and you are set for sleep! The Cradle retails for about $340 which is a steep price tag, but it is definitely quality. Maybe add this to your gift registry or use your baby shower gift cards to purchase this one.
Now one lucky Go Graham Go reader will win the BabyBjorn Cradle! Here’s How: