At some point last year when my mother-in-law was here she was browsing Pinterest and came across the coolest way to make prepackaged or canned cinnamon and orange rolls. All you had to do was use the waffle maker! While I can’t find that original pin (there are about a million on Pinterest), I wanted to share with you our new favorite way to make these canned sweet rolls. This process is not only super fast (30 seconds), but it also leaves them gooey and soft. The gooey and soft part is what appeals the most to my family. Our youngest, Davis, has gag reflex issues and can only stand certain textures. He eats these up like they are going out of style!
What you need:
- Canned cinnamon or orange rolls
- Cooking spray
- Waffle maker
- Preheat your waffle maker until it is ready
- Spray both sides with cooking spray so that rolls lift off easily
- Place one roll on each waffle section (ours only has room for 4 so we do this in 2 batches)
- Close the iron and cook for 15 seconds on one side
- Flip the iron and cook for 15 more seconds on the other side.
- Pull out with a fork, immediately ice and enjoy!